I Want To Be Happier.
Would you believe me if I told you that being happy not only makes the world seem a better place but it also prolongs your lifespan too, well, a recent study has shown that being happy really does help you to live longer, I don’t think happiness means just putting a smile on your face, a smile doesn’t always mean you’re happy and there is of course, the fact that we all have responsibilities and stressful situations that arise from time to time, however I do believe it is possible to focus more on being happy for at least the most part of our day.
The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living.
In this unique and important book, one of the world’s great spiritual leaders offers his practical wisdom and advice on how we can overcome everyday human problems and achieve lasting happiness.
The Art of Happiness is a highly accessible guide for a western audience, combining the Dalai Lama’s eastern spiritual tradition with Dr Howard C. Cutler’s western perspective. Covering all key areas of human experience, they apply the principles of Tibetan Buddhism to everyday problems and reveal how one can find balance and complete spiritual and mental freedom.
For the many who wish to understand more about the Dalai Lama’s approach to living, there has never been a book which brings his beliefs so vividly into the real world.
Perhaps the state of being happy affects our mental health more than we actually realise, happiness may have a direct affect on our psychological well being as well, which in turn has a knock on and detrimental effect to our physical health, making us more prone to the everyday problems, anxieties and whatever stresses we may encounter from day to day, so it does begin to make sense that being happy can equal a longer life.
The Happiness Trap.
Popular ideas about happiness are misleading, inaccurate, and are directly contributing to our current epidemic of stress, anxiety and depression. And unfortunately, popular psychological approaches are making it even worse. In this controversial, but empowering self-help book, Dr Russ Harries, reveals how millions of people are unwittingly caught in the ‘The Happiness Trap’, where the more they strive for happiness the more they suffer in the long term. He then provides an effective means to escape through a groundbreaking new approach based on mindfulness skills Mindfulness is a mental state of awareness, openness, and focus.Mindfulness skills are easy to learn and will rapidly and effectively help you to reduce stress, enhance performance, manage emotions, improve health, increase vitality, and generally change your life for the better. The book provides scientifically proven techniques to: reduce stress and worry; rise above fear, doubt and insecurity; break self-defeating habits; improve performance and find fulfilment in your work; build more satisfying relationships; and, create a rich, full and meaningful life.
What Is Causes Of Stress.
Does stress cause us to be unhappy, can people who live stressful lives still be happy, In fact there are so many things in life that can cause unnecessary stress and it’s this unnecessary stress that can limit our ability to be happy, research has shown that stress has a powerful effect on our physical and mental well being, stress is a direct cause of high blood pressure which of course, in itself have all kinds of detrimental effects on our health.
The Atlas of Happiness: the global secrets of how to be happy.
From the bestselling author of The Year of Living Danishly, an entertaining, reassuring and useful trip around the world, discovering the secrets of happiness from 30 countries.
A round the world trip through 33 international happiness concepts, from the bestselling author of The Year of Living Danishly, Helen Russell.
– Feeling terrified of that upcoming job interview? Take inspiration from the Icelanders and get some Þetta reddast, the unwavering belief that everything will work out in the end.
– Lost your way in life? Make like the Chinese and find your xingfu, or the thing that gives you real purpose.
– Too much on your plate? The Italians can help you learn the fine art of dolce far niente, aka the sweetness of doing nothing at all.
– Overwhelmed by busyness and disconnected from nature? The Swedish have a solution – just find your smultronställe, or ‘wild strawberry patch’, your perfect escape from the rest of the world.
From Australia to Wales, via Bhutan, Ireland, Finland, Turkey, Syria, Japan, and many more besides, The Atlas of Happiness uncovers the global secrets to happiness, and how they can change our lives.
Rest And Relax To Unwind.
I think most of us know that it’s damn near impossible to be happy all the time, what with working, paying bills, family commitments, unexpected troubles and worries etc, in fact there are times when being happy seems close to impossible, however, it is possible to just sit down, relax and unwind, you can then start thinking about and doing the things that make you feel happy, in fact we should all spend a bit more time doing this because it could lead to a few more years being added to our lives, because if stress is the silent killer, happiness is the silent cure.
Happiness The Inside Job: The 7 Ways to Life-Changing Happiness.
The one thing which every person on the planet desires is to live a fulfilled and happy life. So why does happiness seem to elude so many of us? How can we simply ‘get happy’ when the pressures of life, jobs, bills and relationships are upon us all?
Matt Pepper has spent twenty years researching, learning and practicing the tools and ideas he has discovered, which have helped hundreds of his clients on the path to a happy and more fulfilling life.
His aim was to create an easy to read, light-hearted and insightful manual for your life.
With his ‘7 Ways to Life-Changing Happiness’ he gives you easy to understand ways to raise your own happiness levels including:
- Fire up your own happiness
- Expose your ta-daa
- Tend your emotional garden
- Jump on the groovy train of thought
- Listen to your wise old gut
- Turn your muck to luck
- Pimp up your purpose
Matt will help you identify your happiness level right now, show you how to climb ‘The Happiness Barometer’ and once you reach the top, how to stay there no matter what is going on in your life.
Each and every chapter is jam-packed with nuggets of wisdom and quirky illustrations, to help you to improve your mindset, overcome unhappiness whatever its cause and enable you to start enjoying life again. This book has been popular with young people, helping to give them a footing into the world of how to create their own happiness.
The 6-Minute Diary | 6 Minutes a Day for more Mindfulness, Happiness and Productivity.
- ✔ SIMPLE & SCIENTIFIC APPROACH to a HAPPIER & MORE FULFILLED life – Based on positive psychology research and feedback from more than 300.000 users. The result: a book that induces positive and powerful habits into your everyday life!
- ✔ FOCUS on PROGRESS & THE GOOD THINGS in life – If you want to feel good, you need to be in charge of your attitude and thought patterns. This is exactly what you train with The 6-Minute Diary – on a daily & sustainable basis!
- ✔ DO MORE WITH LESS – We used the latest research from positive psychology and neuroscience to extract the smallest things that make the biggest difference. Use doable portions of 3 minutes in the morning and 3 in the evening to focus on what matters most to you and move towards the right direction – continuously and proactively!
- ✔ MUCH MORE THAN JUST A DIARY – 70-page INTRODUCTION: concrete implementation strategies, striking real-life examples & tips on how to get the most out of your diary. 220-page DIARY: your daily, weekly and monthly routines + space for your notes – all aimed at discovering what matters most to you and live a life where you feel truly fulfilled!
- ✔ BONUS EBOOK & THE PERFECT PRESENT – You’ll get the 35-page EBOOK “The Golden Morning Routine” filled with lots of inspirations for building your own morning routine. PERFECT PRESENT: made of high quality, eco-friendly materials, this is a precious present to put a smile on the face of your beloved ones – for any occasion.
Wishing you all a Healthy, Wealthy and Happy Future.
Please feel free to leave a comment.
As a blogger, my content may include affiliate links from advertisers.